HELP MAKE HISTORY
HOW DOES THE MUSEUM USE ANNUAL FUND GIFTS?
Everyday, The Durham Museum helps to bring history closer for people right here in our community. You can help us in our efforts to educate, inspire, and connect students and visitors throughout the region by supporting The Durham Museum Annual Fund.
Separate from memberships, gifts to the Annual Fund help to sustain museum operations, support important preservation efforts, and make possible engaging education programs, exhibits, and events that make our community a more vibrant place to work and live. Gifts of all sizes are needed and appreciated and are put to work immediately in the area of greatest need.
Gifts provide unrestricted support to all kinds of projects at the museum, including
programs enjoyed by visitors and school groups, as well as work taking place behind the scenes that help us preserve and display historic artifacts, present exhibitions, and more.
Your gift will help us meet several important and ongoing needs. Here’s a few examples of what the Annual Fund allows us do:
• Preserve and maintain Union Station
• Purchase professional-grade supplies to properly house and exhibit museum artifacts
• Digitize the more than 700,000 historic images in the Photo Archive and make them available online for research and enjoyment
• Underwrite field trip and summer camp opportunities
for financially disadvantaged students
• Keep classes stocked with supplies for educational classes and workshops
• Support leadership classes and internships for college students from Nebraska and across the country
• Develop and host first-class exhibits, programs, and events for the entire community
SOURCES OF INCOME/HOW THE MUSEUM COVERS ITS COST
WHAT’S THE IMPACT THE MUSEUM MAKES IN THE COMMUNITY?
• Each year, more than 161,000 people visit The Durham Museum
• More than 40,000 students, teachers, and adult learners participate in education programs at the museum
• Approximately 12,000 children take part in summer programs at the museum
• More than 5,500 students from across the country learn about our region’s history through distance learning programs. New programs are taking shape especially for Nebraska students, senior citizen groups, and other audiences.
• 40,000+ images are digitized in the Photo Archive
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
Your support matters. Help us make history by giving a gift to the Annual Fund. You can mail your donation to the museum. You can also click here
for a donation application. Or, call Corey Wilson at (402) 444-5071 x577.
Please know we appreciate the support of every member and visitor. Please consider making The Durham Museum a part of your charitable plans. And thank you for your patronage!