Wild, Wild, West Day
Saturday, July 26, 10AM-3PM (museum stays open until 5PM)
Wild, Wild West Day is back and this year we have wrangled in even more wild activities! For lil’ buckaroos and old-timers alike, the day is sure to be a rootin’
tootin’ good time!
We have a full line-up of western inspired fun, led by authentic cowboys from
Wild West Creations, including:
Set yer-self down on a bale of hay with other cowpokes and witness an action-packed shootout. Who will walk away the winner…the black-hat-wearin’ gunslingers or the law of the land?
Cooking and Campfire Activities
So how did the cowboys entertain themselves on the range? Find out by learning to lasso, playing horseshoes and seeing how they cooked over a fire (be sure to get a sample!)
Watch leather stamping demonstrations to see how cowboys got their fancy saddles and cowboy boots.
On the frontier a blacksmith was needed for making horseshoes and tools for building, farming and everyday life. See a real blacksmith at work as he bends metal before your eyes!
Chow Down on Some Vittles
You won’t have to rely on campfire cooking for grub. The museum’s Soda Fountain will have specials on BBQ meals, old-fashioned sodas and root beer floats!
Suzanne & Walter Scott Great Hall
- First National Bank Bandana Giveaway (while supplies last)Outside Parking Deck
- Cowboy Campfire Stories
- Bolo Ties & Boots Relay Race
- Leather stamping demonstrations provided by Tandy Leather Co
- Cowboy Meet & Greet with Wild West Creations cowboysSouth Gallery
(Suzanne & Walter Scott Great Hall)
- Cast-Iron Cooking Demonstrations with Glen Carmen
(Outside Parking Deck)
- 11:15AM & 1:30PM: Shoot-out by Wild West Creations
cowboys (Outside Parking Deck)
- HETRA Miniature Horses
- Learn to Lasso
- Horseshoe Toss
- Blacksmithing Demonstrations provided by The Blacksmith Shop
- Lives of Tradition: Charles W. Guildner Photo Exhibit
Museum admission applies and this event is FREE for Durham Museum members.
Wild, Wild West Day is sponsored by First National Bank. Additional support provided by Wild West Creations, Northwest Feed & Grain, Tandy Leather Company, The Blacksmith Shop.